I recently had an interview at amazon for SDE2 role. I am here to share my experience :
- You are given a string and hashmap. replace all characters that are present in hashmap with hash value and generate all possible combinations.
- Given a tree, print all cousins of node that is given as input.
Interviewer was really nice guy, he was helpful and gave hints while solving
- Implement LRU – time 45 min as 15 min were left, so he asked one more ques and said we wont code for it.
- Given an unsorted array, get the median of array. – this has to be done in O(n).
We had discussion on this i tried all DS to look for solution, he gave me hint that i can sort, so i came up with solution in which i used optimized quick sort and i was also asked to code in last 3 min.
Solution: GeeksforGeeks Link
we also had discussion on challenges of my past experiences.
This was bar-raiser, i got to know after the round.
- He asked me about my experience and background and asked some tricky questions on leadership.
- Asked me to design the flight system with src, destination and no of hops. (i coded 3.5 pages of solution :))
- Why you want to join amazon ?
- How will optimise the performance and check for leaks ?
This guy was very smart, he pin points anything that i say and marks it.
discussion about my background.
- Why did you shutdown your company ?
- why amazon ?
- Tell me about your failures ?
- Tell me about your project with max technical difficulty ?
- How will optimise any system ?
- Design a Railway system – it was very lengthy stuff, i coded around 5 pages.
- You have a tree, find the minimum length from input node to leaf.
Solution: GeeksforGeeks Link
Happy to receive the offer and join here…:)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 266 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 167 (SDE I for 1 year 6 months experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 248 (4.8 Yrs Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 391 (SDE-2, 5.5 years Experience)
- Amazon Interview Experience SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon SDE-1 Interview Experience | Amazon WOW-2020
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1 | Amazon-WOW 2020
- Amazon Interview Experience | 401 (3+Years Experience for SDE II)
- Amazon Interview Experience (For Experience - 2.8 yrs) | SDE 1
- Amazon Interview Experience (SDE-1, 8 month experience, Refferal)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 189 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 126 (For SDE-1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 129 (For SDE 1 Off-Campus)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 132 (For SDE Intern)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 134 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 135 (On-Campus for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 136 (For SDE-T)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 137 (Assessment test for SDE)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 138 (For SDE 1)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 140 (Experienced for SDE)