I got a call form amazon for the opening of SDET. It all started with telephonic interview asking brief introduction and 2 questions.
1. rearrange a linked list in such way that all odd position nodes are together and all even positions node are together, 1->2->3->4->5->6 , convert it ot 1->3->5->2->4->6
Face-to-Face 1st Round
1. Random play a song from a list of given songs in such a way that no songs is repeated until all the songs are played
2. Distance between two nodes of a given binary tree
Face-to-Face 2nd Round
1. Find out whether a tree is subtree of given tree or not
2. For a given array find max of k sub-array, i.e if array is 1, 2, 3, 4, 5,6,7,8 ,9,10, then function should return an array of size n-k+1 with each element be the max of k elements
output : 3 (max of 1, 2, 3), 4(max of 2,3,4), 5(max of 3, 4, 5) etc, array is not sorted 🙂
Face-to-Face 3rd Round
1. Automating an api to getAllFriendListFromFacebook for a given email id.
Face-to-Face 4th Round 1. vertical sum of a binary tree, he was looking for in place solution. just 1 traversal and without using hashmap as hashmap allocates more size than the elements to store. interviewer gave hint to use doubly linked list to store the sum.
Face-to-Face 5th Round
1. Given a binary tree return a matrix where mat(i,j) is 1 when i is an ancestor of j. only one traversal required and no extra space required, idea is to populate ancestor list as we process nodes and update the matrix
Thanks & Regards
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.