Amazon visited my college and offered me SDET-I position. GeeksforGeeks helped a real lot in my interview preparation. Thank you very much GeeksforGeeks!
Here is my interview experience:
Round 1 (On-line Coding Round on HackerRank):
1. Given an array of sorted integers which represent box sizes and an integer representing an item size
You have to find best fit box for the item (-1 in case of no box found)
Given 10,20,30,40,50,60,70 and 45
You have to print 50
Given 10,20,30,40,50,60,70 and 75
You have to print -1
Given 10,20,30,40,50,60,70 and 50
You have to print 50
1. Given an array of integers
you have to output sequence a1,a2,a3,a4,a5,a6,a7 such that a1
You have to print 10, 30, 20, 50, 40, 70, 60
At first, I gave answer using sorting. But my interviewer asked me to do this without sorting the input array, and I did it.
2. A simple question on Tree data structure which i don’t remember.
3. Questions related to my project.
1. A matrix is given which is sorted row wise and column wise
You have to print the sorted order.
1 2 3 4 6 8
2 3 3 4 7 8
2 3 4 5 7 8
2 3 4 5 8 8
3 4 4 6 8 9
4 5 5 7 8 9
You have to print sorted order
2. Questions related to my project during my internship.
1.What happens when we type amazon.com
Relating to this the interviewer asked me every step in detail including all 7 layers of networks.
Protocols like: HTTP, HTTPS, DHCP, DNS, IMAP, POP, TCP, UDP etc. Their uses and differences.
2. Describe ACID property of a transaction (DBMS).
1. Given a singly linked list, write a recursive method to reverse every 3 nodes in the list.
He asked me to inform if I have seen the question.
And I replied : Yes sir, it is the similar question I faced in coding round of Amazon-internship last year.
But he didn’t changed the question.
I solved it with a silly mistake which i corrected when mentioned.
2. Long discussion on my internship and about the projects I have worked on.
3. Tell about your criticism.
4. 3 weaknesses currently i am working.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 252 (For SDET)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 263 (For SDET)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 130 (For SDET 1)
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 128 (For SDET)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 182 (For SDET 1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 414 (For SDET-1)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 432 (SDET Off – Campus)
- Amazon interview Experience | Set 413 (SDET-1 On-Campus Internship)
- Amazon Interview | Set 51 (On-campus for SDET)
- SnapDeal Interview Experience | Set 17 (For SDET)
- Sprinklr Interview Experience | Set 4 (For SDET)
- Quikr Interview Experience | Set 2 (For SDET)
- Flipkart Interview Experience | Set 19 (For SDET)
- Snapdeal Interview Experience | Set 13 (On-Campus for SDET)
- RazorPay Interview Experience | Set 1 (Senior SDET Role)