Amazon Interview Experience for SDE-1
Online Test, 2 Technical Rounds, 1 Hiring Manager Round, 1 Technical Round.
- One easy sorting based question
- Shortest Path problem(BFS)
Both were doable in the given 90 mins time.
2 rounds of technical interviews were scheduled.
- K largest Elements of the given array. (Using Heap). As a follow-up was asked to Implement Heap. I was not able to implement the max heap.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/find-the-ordering-of-tasks-from-given-dependencies/. I was able to give the approach but was not able to give the code properly.
Overall the round did not go well. Was my first interview after a very long time, so was kind of nervous. The HR told me the second round had to go really well if I had to move to the next rounds.
- Given a file having a timestamp and some log in every line. Retrieve all the logs that depict certain errors. (Basically, the coding style was checked here. if we declared the classes properly, constructers, getter-setter methods and the standard naming conventions, modularity, etc.)
- I was able to answer both questions with great clarity. There were many follow-up questions for the 2nd one, she dug into corner cases and was satisfied with the way they were handled.
- I was pretty confident that the round went really well and hoped to the interview to proceed further. And yes, I did.
The hiring Manager Round and another technical round were scheduled.
- Hiring Manager Round – All LP questions, reasons for change, expectations, and other common questions.
Round 4 :
- Technical Round – 40mins LP questions
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/total-area-two-overlapping-rectangles/ Easy and done. Have given the approach and coded in 10mins that were left.
Both rounds went well IMO, but it’s all subjective. So you are never sure. I was hoping that I’d be offered the role, but hard luck, Apparently they had concerns about my coding(the 1st round that didn’t go very well).