Amazon Interview Experience | 193 (For SDE-1)
I had interview with amazon.com for SDE1 position.
1st Round – (Written Round)-
25 Multiple choice questions(Networking, OS, DBMS, C concepts)
2 coding questions were also asked, for which paper code was required.
I had a long discussion on this question finally he was satisfied with my solution.
Find k largest elements in an array. Elements in array can be in any order.
4th round(Hiring manager)-
1. Questions around current job, challenges faced. Any instance of conflict and how you resolved it.
2. A lot of discussion on projects and work experience.
3. A large file is given you have to find all the anagrams. Told him to divide the file in chunks for parallel processing and then check anagrams using heap.
5th round(Bar Raiser)-
1. Why you are leaving your current company so early?
2. An integer is given to you,first convert it into binary then reverse this binary string and print decimal corresponding to this reversed string.
3. He asked one question related to REALLOC function.
In every round, after each question, complexity of the algorithm was asked. Its good to ask questions to get more clarification about the question.
I want to thank the entire team of geeksforgeeks. It is a great portal and it helped me a lot in preparing for Amazon interview.
Tips: Discuss various approaches with interviewer. Try to interact continuously with interviewer. they were very friendly during interview.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Hey geek! It’s time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!