Airtel Wynk visited our campus to hire FTE. There was a total of 3 rounds of interviews excluding the coding round. There was a resume based shortlisting at the beginning. 38 students were shortlisted based on their resume.
Coding Round: This round was organized on the AMCAT platform and consists of 2 coding questions to be answered in 60 minutes. You can switch between them. Questions were of medium difficulty.
- Given the arrival time and burst time of each process and the time quantum, implement the round-robin algorithm and find the average waiting time of all the processes. The processes are sorted based on their arrival time.
- Given an array of n numbers and two integers k and m. You can erase any number of elements from the array. Find the minimum number of erasing required such that sum of the remaining elements in the array modulus k is equal to m. Numbers can be erased from any arbitrary position in the array.
Out of 38 students, 10 were shortlisted for interviews.
Round 1 (Technical Interview): The round starts with a brief introduction. Then interviewer gave me 2 coding questions:
- Given an array on n integers and a number X, you have to find two different numbers from the array whose absolute difference is closest to X. Then he discussed the time complexity of my code and if there can be some improvement.
- Given a string S of parenthesis, the task is to generate all the valid parenthesis strings using all the parenthesis given in string S.
I solved both of them and explained the code and time complexity associated with them. After that, he asked me 1 puzzle:
- Puzzle: Blind man and Pills
This round lasts for around 45 minutes. Out of 10, 7 were shortlisted for round 2.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): This round is also a technical round. The interviewer asked me 3 coding questions one by one:
Given a string S which denotes the path traversed in Unix, find the actual path traversed.
For example: S = “dir1/./dir2/./dir3/../dir4/../dir5/./dir6”, if this is the path string, then the actual path traversed is dir1 -> dir2 -> dir5 -> dir6. I need to print this.
Given the start time and end time of n activities and the profit associated with each of them, the task is to schedule these activities such that the profit is maximized and no 2 activities overlap.
Given a matrix consisting of 0, 1 and 2. 0 denotes that the cell is empty, 1 denotes an enemy is standing in the cell and 2 denotes a wall in the cell. You have only 1 bomb and you can place it in any empty cell. When the bomb is placed in a cell (i, j), complete ith row and jth column are blown until a wall obstructs the explosion. You need to find all the positions in the matrix from where the maximum number of enemies can be killed and print all these locations.
This round lasted for 1.5 hours. Out of 7 students, 3 were shortlisted for round 3.
Round 3 (HR Interview): This round starts with a brief introduction. As I am from the ECE branch, HR asked me why you choose to go into the software domain. And then there were simple HR questions. The round lasted for 15 minutes.
After this, all the 3 students were selected, and I was lucky to be one of them.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.