GATE is a popular exam and well known for its dynamic changes in every year. In this year, IIT Bombay is organizing and GATE authority has done 3 big changes in GATE this year. People see these changes may because of COVID-19 pandemic to relief Indian graduates students and to develop their career in Tech fields.
It seems for the first time that the GATE authority allows non-technical candidates to appear in the GATE paper of their choice in the GATE exam.
However, PSUs and various colleges may not give admission for non-tech students to their Tech -program. But it may depends upon their choice.
Here are 3 big changes in GATE this year:
1. Relaxation in eligibility criteria:
A candidate who is currently studying in 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program OR has already completed any government approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts.
- This seems first where non-tech students are allowed to write GATE exam.
- Because of this relaxation, 3rd year student of Tech / or non-Tech are also eligible to write GATE exam.
2. Apply for maximum 2 papers, instead of 1:
A candidate may appear either in ONE or TWO subject papers. For candidates who choose TWO papers, the combination must be from the approved list of combinations and subject to the availability of infrastructure and date.
3. Two new subjects added in GATE 2021:
ES (Environmental Science and Engineering) and XH (Humanities and Social Sciences) subject papers have been added in GATE. Now the total number of papers in GATE is 27.
- Three year (also non-Tech) degrees holders now eligible
- Option to appear for two papers now
- Third year students now eligible
- GATE 2021 Test Papers now 27 from the earlier 25
- Increase in GATE 2021 exam days (from three weeks to two weeks, due to COVID-19 pandemic)
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Big Oh, Big Omega and Big Theta
- The Big Data World: Big, Bigger and Biggest
- Big Challenges with Big Data
- How Big Data Artificial Intelligence is Changing the Face of Traditional Big Data?
- How to Prepare for GATE CS 2021
- GATE CS 2021 (Revised) Syllabus
- GATE CS 2021 Official Important Dates
- Career Opportunities in Big Data
- Big Data as a Technology
- Benefits of Big Data
- The World of Big Data
- WebAssembly - The next BIG thing!
- Expected Properties of a Big Data System
- 5 V's of Big Data
- Does Dark Data Have Any Worth In The Big Data World?
- How are Companies Making Money From Big Data?
- Impact of Big Data on Bioinformatics
- How Do Companies Use Big Data Analytics in Real World?
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Science
- Difference Between Big Data and Data Mining
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.