Underscore.js | Introduction
Underscore functions basically falls under four major categories which are functions that can be used for manipulating arrays, functions that can be used for manipulating objects, functions that can be used for manipulating both arrays as well as objects and functions that can be used for manipulating other functions itself.
Features of Underscore:
- Perform common operations of data like arrays, objects, JSON files etc.
- Compatible with other JS libraries like jQuery to perform DOM operation.
- Contains function for data manipulation.
Kinds of Data Operation:
- Fetch Data from Collection.
- Transform Data in various formats.
- Sort, Filter and Group Data.
- Convert Data into Required result by performing specific operation on them.
- Templates can be used to perform data operations.
npm install underscore
meteor add underscore
bower install underscore