Like Fibonacci word, a Tribonacci word. is a specific sequence of digits. The Tribonacci word is formed by repeated concatenation in the same way that the Fibonacci word is formed by repeated addition. But unlike the fibonacci word, Tribonacci word is formed by repeated addition of last three terms and it has its first three terms different from each other.
In Tribonacci word, S(0) = 1, S(1) = 12, S(2) = 1213, S(3) = 1213121 ..... where S(n) = S(n-1) + S(n-2) + S(n-3) and + represents the concatenation of strings.
The task is to find nth Tribonacci word for a given number n.
Input : n = 4 Output : S(4) = 1213121121312 Input : n = 3 Output : S(3) = 1213121
Just like in program of Fibonacci word, we use the iterative concept of finding nth Fibonacci word here for finding nth Tribonacci word we can use the iterative concept. So for finding nth Tribonacci word we will take three string Sn_1, Sn_2 and Sn_3 which represent S(n-1), S(n-2) and S(n-3) respectively and on each iteration we will update tmp = Sn_3, Sn_3 = Sn_3 + Sn_2 + Sn_1, Sn_1 = Sn_2 and Sn_2 = tmp in this way we can find nth tribonacci word.
- Longest Common Prefix using Word by Word Matching
- C program to Replace a word in a text by another given word
- Fibonacci Word
- Next word that does not contain a palindrome and has characters from first k
- Minimum Word Break
- Encoding a word into Pig Latin
- Second most repeated word in a sequence
- Length Of Last Word in a String
- Possibility of a word from a given set of characters
- Word Break Problem using Backtracking
- Remove the first and last character of each word in a string
- Capitalize the first and last character of each word in a string
- Print the first and last character of each word in a String
- Print last character of each word in a string
- Find the first repeated word in a string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : Mithun Kumar