Given N positions, the task is to count the total number of ways to place X and Y such that no two X are together.
Input: 3 Output: 5 XYX, YYX, YXY, XYY and YYY Input: 4 Output: 8 XYXY, XYYX, YXYX, YYYX, YYXY, YXYY, XYYY and YYYY
For N = 1, X and Y are 2 possible ways.
For N = 2, XY, YX and YY are the 3 possible ways.
For N = 3, XYX, YYX, YXY, XYY and YYY are 5 possible ways.
For N = 4, XYXY, XYYX, YXYX, YYYX, YYXY, YXYY, XYYY and YYYY are 8 possible ways.
On solving for values of N, a Fibonacci pattern series is observed.
Below is the iterative implementation of the above approach:
Total ways are: 34
Time Complexity: O(N)
- Check whether product of digits at even places is divisible by sum of digits at odd place of a number
- Ways to place 4 items in n^2 positions such that no row/column contains more than one
- Ways to form an array having integers in given range such that total sum is divisible by 2
- Find the sum of digits of a number at even and odd places
- Primality test for the sum of digits at odd places of a number
- Check whether sum of digits at odd places of a number is divisible by K
- Check whether product of digits at even places of a number is divisible by K
- Check if product of digits of a number at even and odd places is equal
- Find the total number of composite factor for a given number
- Count total number of digits from 1 to n
- Find the total Number of Digits in (N!)N
- Total number of divisors for a given number
- Total number of non-decreasing numbers with n digits
- Total number of different staircase that can made from N boxes
- Total money to be paid after traveling the given number of hours
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.