For such cases, time complexity of the loop is O(log(log(n))).The following cases analyse different aspects of the problem.
Case 1 :
In this case, i takes values 2, 2k, (2k)k = 2k2, (2k2)k = 2k3, …, 2klogk(log(n)). The last term must be less than or equal to n, and we have 2klogk(log(n)) = 2log(n) = n, which completely agrees with the value of our last term. So there are in total logk(log(n)) many iterations, and each iteration takes a constant amount of time to run, therefore the total time complexity is O(log(log(n))).
Case 2 :
In this case, i takes values n, n1/k, (n1/k)1/k = n1/k2, n1/k3, …, n1/klogk(log(n)), so there are in total logk(log(n)) iterations and each iteration takes time O(1), so the total time complexity is O(log(log(n))).
Refer below article for analysis of different types of loops.
This article is contributed by Rishav Raj. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- What does 'Space Complexity' mean?
- A Time Complexity Question
- Time Complexity of building a heap
- An interesting time complexity question
- Time Complexity of Loop with Powers
- Time Complexity where loop variable is incremented by 1, 2, 3, 4 ..
- Understanding Time Complexity with Simple Examples
- Time complexity of recursive Fibonacci program
- Practice Questions on Time Complexity Analysis
- Complexity of different operations in Binary tree, Binary Search Tree and AVL tree
- Loop Invariant Condition with Examples of Sorting Algorithms
- Time taken by Loop unrolling vs Normal loop
- Time Complexity Analysis | Tower Of Hanoi (Recursion)
- Knowing the complexity in competitive programming
- Cyclomatic Complexity
- Measure execution time with high precision in C/C++
- Python Code for time Complexity plot of Heap Sort
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Algorithms Sample Questions | Set 3 | Time Order Analysis
- Complexity Analysis of Binary Search