Matrix is nothing but a rectangular arrangement of data or numbers. In other words, it is a rectangular array of data or numbers. The horizontal entries in a matrix are called as ‘rows’ while the vertical entries are called as ‘columns’. If a matrix has r number of rows and c number of columns then the order of matrix is given by r x c. Each entries in a matrix can be integer values, or floating values, or even it can be complex numbers.
// 3 x 4 matrix 1 2 3 4 M = 4 5 6 7 6 7 8 9 // 2 x 3 matrix in Python A = ( [ 2, 5, 7 ], [ 4, 7, 9 ] ) // 3 x 4 matrix in Python where entries are floating numbers B = ( [ 1.0, 3.5, 5.4, 7.9 ], [ 9.0, 2.5, 4.2, 3.6 ], [ 1.5, 3.2, 1.6, 6.5 ] )
In Python, we can take a user input matrix in different ways. Some of the methods for user input matrix in Python are shown below:
Enter the number of rows:2 Enter the number of columns:3 Enter the entries rowwise: 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Code #2: Using
map() function and
In Python, there exists a popular library called NumPy. This library is a fundamental library for any scientific computation. It is also used for multidimensional arrays and as we know matrix is a rectangular array, we will use this library for user input matrix.
Enter the number of rows:2 Enter the number of columns:2 Enter the entries in a single line separated by space: 1 2 3 1 [[1 2] [3 1]]
- Python | Get a list as input from user
- How to input multiple values from user in one line in Python?
- How to read a Matrix from user in Java?
- Taking multiple inputs from user in Python
- Python | Fetch your gmail emails from a particular user
- User-defined Exceptions in Python with Examples
- Fetch top 10 starred repositories of user on GitHub | Python
- Python | User groups with Custom permissions in Django
- Taking input in Python
- Vulnerability in input() function – Python 2.x
- Python | Accepting Script Input
- Taking input from console in Python
- Python Input Methods for Competitive Programming
- Python | Categorizing input Data in Lists
- Python regex | Check whether the input is Floating point number or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : mkumarchaudhary06