Given a string return all possible subsequences which start with vowel and end with consonant. A String is a subsequence of a given String, that is generated by deleting some character of a given string without changing its order.
Input : 'abc' Output : ab, ac, abc Input : 'aab' Output : ab, aab
Question Source: Yatra.com Interview Experience | Set 7
Explanation of the Algorithm:
Step 1: Iterate over the entire String Step 2: check if the ith character for vowel Step 3: If true iterate the string from the end, if false move to next iteration Step 4: check the jth character for consonent if false move to next iteration if true perform the following Step 5: Add the substring starting at index i and ending at index j to the hastset. Step 6: Iterate over the substring drop each character and recur to generate all its subString
[ef, ab, ac, aef, abc, abf, af, acf, abcef, abcf, acef, abef]
This article is contributed by Sumit Ghosh. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Alternate vowel and consonant string
- Lexicographically first alternate vowel and consonant string
- Count of adjacent Vowel Consonant Pairs
- Program to find if a character is vowel or Consonant
- Count of N size strings consisting of at least one vowel and one consonant
- Print all subsequences of a string
- Print all subsequences of a string | Iterative Method
- Replace every consonant sequence with its length in the given string
- Program to count vowels, consonant, digits and special characters in string.
- Check if the given string is vowel prime
- Replace every vowels with lexicographically next vowel in a String
- Count the nodes of the tree whose weighted string contains a vowel
- Python program to check if given string is vowel Palindrome
- Minimize cost to replace all the vowels of a given String by a single vowel
- Count subsequences in first string which are anagrams of the second string
- Different substrings in a string that start and end with given strings
- Construct a string that has exactly K subsequences from given string
- Count of 'GFG' Subsequences in the given string
- Given a binary string, count number of substrings that start and end with 1.
- Number of subsequences in a given binary string divisible by 2