You are given two strings A and B. Strings also contains special character * . you can replace * with any alphabetic character. Finally, you have to tell whether it is possible to make both string same or not.
Input : A = "gee*sforgeeks" B = "geeksforgeeks" Output :Yes Input :A = "abs*" B = "abds" Output :No
Explanation: How we can solve above problem, Basically we three cases,
Case 1: Both string contains * at particular position, at that time we can replace both * with any character make the string equal at that position.
Case 2: If one string have character and other has * at that position. So, we can replace * with the same character in other string.
Case 3: If both the string has a character at that position, then they must be same, otherwise we can’t make them equal.
- Longest string in an array which matches with prefix of the given string
- String matching where one string contains wildcard characters
- Meta Strings (Check if two strings can become same after a swap in one string)
- Given a string and an integer k, find the kth sub-string when all the sub-strings are sorted according to the given condition
- Number of sub-strings which are anagram of any sub-string of another string
- Sub-strings of a string that are prefix of the same string
- Strings from an array which are not prefix of any other string
- Different substrings in a string that start and end with given strings
- Count All Palindrome Sub-Strings in a String | Set 1
- Count All Palindrome Sub-Strings in a String | Set 2
- All possible strings of any length that can be formed from a given string
- Given two strings, find if first string is a subsequence of second
- Find if a string is interleaved of two other strings | DP-33
- Find all palindromic sub-strings of a given string | Set 2
- Frequency of a string in an array of strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.