C++ has a class in its STL algorithms library which allows us easy partition algorithms using certain inbuilt functions. Partition refers to act of dividing elements of containers depending upon a given condition.
Partition operations :
1. partition(beg, end, condition) :- This function is used to partition the elements on basis of condition mentioned in its arguments.
2. is_partitioned(beg, end, condition) :- This function returns boolean true if container is partitioned else returns false.
Vector is not partitioned Now, vector is partitioned after partition operation The partitioned vector is : 2 8 6 5 1 7
In the above code, partition function partitions the vector depending on whether an element is even or odd, even elements are partitioned from odd elements in no particular order.
3. stable_partition(beg, end, condition) :- This function is used to partition the elements on basis of condition mentioned in its arguments in such a way that the relative order of the elements is preserved..
4. partition_point(beg, end, condition) :- This function returns an iterator pointing to the partition point of container i.e. the first element in the partitioned range [beg,end) for which condition is not true. The container should already be partitioned for this function to work.
The partitioned vector is : 2 6 8 1 5 7 The vector elements returning true for condition are : 2 6 8
In the above code, even and odd elements are partitioned and in the increasing order (sorted)
5. partition_copy(beg, end, beg1, beg2, condition) :- This function copies the partitioned elements in the differenet containers mentioned in its arguments. It takes 5 arguments. Beginning and ending position of container, beginning position of new container where elements have to be copied (elements returning true for condition), beginning position of new container where other elements have to be copied (elements returning false for condition) and the condition. Resizing new containers is necessary for this function.
The elements that return true for condition are : 2 6 8 The elements that return false for condition are : 1 5 7
This article is contributed by Manjeet Singh .If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- C++ | asm declaration
- Pointers and References in C++
- Strings in C++ and How to Create them?
- Enum Classes in C++ and Their Advantage over Enum DataType
- Deque vs Vector in C++ STL
- C++ Programming Basics
- Introduction to C++ Programming Language
- ios manipulators noshowpos() function in C++
- C program to Insert an element in an Array
- ios rdstate() function in C++ with Examples
- ios operator !() function in C++ with Examples
- ios operator() function in C++ with Examples
- ios clear() function in C++ with Examples
- ios good() function in C++ with Examples
- ios setstate() function in C++ with Examples
Improved By : MaheshJagtap