The organization gives official permission to access something or do something with the network or application. For example, suppose an organization XYZ gives you permission to access the admin panel and to make changes for the organization.
It ensures and confirms the user identity to enter the system. For example, to enter the examination hall you need to show your identity card. In the same way, you need to confirm your identity by logging in with your credentials to enter the system.
To identify the risks or threats in the network or web application. If any vulnerability is found, it will enable the hacker to access the data and manipulate it. So, Vulnerability Assessment can help organizations to make their web applications and networks more secure when tested by white hat hackers.
Vulnerability Assessment includes Penetration testing or pen testing, i.e., identifying vulnerabilities in a network or applications by testing it. The main goal of pen testing is to find vulnerable loopholes in applications and patch them to avoid black hat hackers to exploit them. So, by pen testing, you can secure a web application and network and therefore it is one of the most important terms in ethical hacking.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Ethical Hacking | Footprinting
- Phishing in Ethical Hacking
- Introduction to Ethical Hacking
- How to Set Up a Personal Lab for Ethical Hacking?
- Top 5 Reasons to Learn Ethical Hacking
- Top 5 Places to Practice Ethical Hacking
- How Should I Start Learning Ethical Hacking on My Own?
- How to Make a Career in Ethical Hacking?
- Top 5 Industry Tools for Ethical Hacking to Learn in 2020
- Ethical Hacking - KeyLoggers
- Some Basic Terms Of Chatbots
- What Are The Ethical Problems in Artificial Intelligence?
- Ethical Issues in Information Technology (IT)
- Skills Required to Become a Ethical Hacker
- 5 Phases of Hacking
- 5 Common Hacking Techniques Used by Hackers
- Top 10 Kali Linux Tools For Hacking
- Top 10 Cyber Hacking Competitions - Capture the Flag (CTF)
- Application Hacking Mechanisms
- LAMP installation and important PHP configurations on Ubuntu
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.