In simple words, anyone having any type of relation/interest in the project is known as stakeholder. The term Software Project Stakeholder refers to, “a person, group or company that is directly or indirectly involved in the project and who may affect or get affected by the outcome of the project”.
What is Stakeholder Identification?
It is the process of identifying a person, group or a company which can affect or get affected by a decision, activity or the outcome of the software project. It is important in order to identify the exact requirements of the project and what various stakeholders are expecting from the project outcome.
Type of Stakeholders:
1. Internal Stakeholder:
An internal stakeholder is a person, group or a company that is directly involved in the project.
- Project Manager:
Responsible for managing the whole project. Project Manager is generally never involved in producing the end product but he/she controls, monitors and manages the activities involved in the production.
- Project Team:
Performs the actual work of the project under the Project Manager inluding development, testing, etc.
Organisation who has taken up the project and whose employees are directly involved in the development of the project.
Provides funds and resources for the successful completion of the project.
2. External Stakeholder:
An external stakeholder is the one who is linked indirectly to the project but has significant contribution in the successful completion of the project.
Specifies the requirements of the project and helps in the elicitation process of the requirement gathering phase. Customer is the one for whom the project is being developed.
Supplies essential services and equipment for the project.
Makes policies which helps in better working of the organisation.
- Software Engineering | Requirements Engineering Process
- Software Engineering | Reverse Engineering
- Software Engineering | Introduction to Software Engineering
- Software Engineering | Re-engineering
- Software Engineering | Role and Responsibilities of a software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Schick-Wolverton software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Plan (SPMP)
- Software Engineering | Jelinski Moranda software reliability model
- Software Engineering | Responsibilities of Software Project Manager
- Software Engineering | Software Project Management Complexities
- Software Engineering | Identifying Software Development Metrics
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Framework
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Set 2
- Software Engineering | Software Process Framework
- Software Engineering | Software Quality Assurance
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.