Given a list of sentences and a list of phrases. The task is to find which sentence(s) contain all the words in a phrase and for every phrase print the sentences number that contains the given phrase.
Constraint: A word cannot be a part of more than 10 sentences.
1. Strings are an array of characters.
2. Sentences are an array of words.
1. an array of
2. sentences are strings
Phrase1 is present in sentences: 1,2
Phrase2 is present in sentences: None
Since each word in phrase 1 exists in both the sentences,
but all the words in second phrase do not exist in either.
1. Sets in python are a hash table representation of arrays.
2. Searching in Sets are a function of time complexity O(1).
3. Sets only contain unique elements, and have no order.
1. Sets are a
2. Searching in
Phrase1 is present in sentences: 1, 2
Phrase2 is present in sentences: 2
Approach: For each Phrase, we have to find the sentences which contain all the words of the phrase. So, for each word in the given phrase, we check if a sentence contains it. We do this for each sentence. This process of searching may become faster if the words in the sentence are stored in a set instead of a list.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Phrase1: 1 2 Phrase2: NONE
- Python | Remove all duplicates words from a given sentence
- How to get the first word of a sentence in PHP?
- Print all the pairs that contains the positive and negative values of an element
- Find if an undirected graph contains an independent set of a given size
- string.Contains Function in Golang with Examples
- ConcurrentLinkedDeque contains() method in Java with Examples
- HTML | DOM contains() Method
- How to check an element contains a class using jQuery?
- Python | Test if dictionary contains unique keys and values
- How to determine if an array contains a specific value in PHP?
- How to select html element using ID in jQuery when ID contains a dot character ?
- Print all nodes at distance k from a given node
- Program to print all distinct elements of a given integer array in Python | Ordered Dictionary
- Find all good indices in the given Array
- Python | Get the smallest window in a string containing all characters of given pattern
- How to select all elements without a given class using jQuery ?
- Count number of times each Edge appears in all possible paths of a given Tree
- Print all positions of a given string having count of smaller characters equal on both sides
- Print sublist of a given Linked List specified by given indices
- Print all possible words from phone digits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.