Let’s see how to get the key by value in Python Dictionary.
Method #1: Using list.index()
index() method returns index of corresponding value in a list. Below is an implementation how to use index() method to fetch Dictionary key using value.
java python python
The approach used here is to find two separate lists of keys and values. Then fetch the key using the position of the value in the
val_list. As key at any position N in key_list will have corresponding value at position N in val_list.
Method #2: Using dict.item()
We can also fetch key from a value by matching all the values and then print the corresponding key to given value.
- Python - Extract Key's Value, if Key Present in List and Dictionary
- Python - Combine two dictionaries having key of the first dictionary and value of the second dictionary
- Python | Get key with maximum value in Dictionary
- Python | Get first N key:value pairs in given dictionary
- Python - Extract ith Key's Value of K's Maximum value dictionary
- Python - Filter key's value from other key
- Python | Get the first key in dictionary
- Python - Get next key in Dictionary
- Python | Extract key-value of dictionary in variables
- Python | Accessing Key-value in Dictionary
- Add a key:value pair to dictionary in Python
- Python | Convert byteString key:value pair of dictionary to String
- Python | Convert key-value pair comma separated string into dictionary
- Python | Check if key has Non-None value in dictionary
- Python | Value summation of key in dictionary
- Python - Check for Key in Dictionary Value list
- Python - Convert Key-Value list Dictionary to List of Lists
- Python - Maximum record value key in dictionary
- Python - Key Value list pairings in Dictionary
- Python - Convert key-value String to dictionary
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.