Consider following Java program:
1)public: It is an access specifier which allows the JVM(Java Virtual Machine) to access the main method from anywhere.
2)static: static keyword allows the JVM to access the main method without any instance(object).
3)void: It specifies that the main method doesn’t return anything.
4)main: name of the method(function) configured in JVM.
5)String args: Command line arguments.
Now, if we replace ‘public’ with ‘private’ in “public static void main”, the above code becomes:
The above code will be compiled successfully, but will throw a runtime error as follows:
Error: Main method not found in class GFG, please define the main method as: public static void main(String args) or a JavaFX application class must extend javafx.application.Application
Reason: Since the access specifier was changed from “public” to “private” JVM was unable to access/locate the main method.
- Java.util.LinkedList.poll(), pollFirst(), pollLast() with examples in Java
- Java lang.Long.highestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfTrailingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask class in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.lowestOneBit() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.reverse() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.numberOfLeadingZeros() method in Java with Examples
- Java lang.Long.byteValue() method in Java with Examples
- Java.lang.Short toString() method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.Collections.rotate() Method in Java with Examples
- Java.util.LinkedList.peek() , peekfirst(), peeklast() in Java
- Java.util.function.IntPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.LinkedList.offer(), offerFirst(), offerLast() in Java
- Java.util.function.LongPredicate interface in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.