The deletion of Scala map keys can be obtained by utilizing – operator. This operator is utilized to delete the set of keys of the map.
def -(elem1: A, elem2: A, elems: A*): Map[A, B]
It returns a new map containing all the elements of the given Map except the set of keys which are deleted using the above operator.
Map(geeks -> 5)
In above example here for key is deleted.
Map(cs -> 2)
- Scala Map remove() method with example
- Scala Tutorial – Learn Scala with Step By Step Guide
- Scala Map
- Set in Scala | Set-2
- Scala | Either
- Set in Scala | Set-1
- Variables in Scala
- Scala | Value Classes
- Operators in Scala
- Scala Map max() method with example
- Scala map contains() method with example
- Enumeration in Scala
- Scala Map min() method with example
- Scala Map last() method with example
- Iterators in Scala
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.