Given a number of input files in a source directory, write a Python program to read data from all the files and write it to a single master file.
Source directory contains n number of files, and structure is same for all files. The objective of this code is to read all the files one by one and then append the output into a single master file having structure same as source files.
Taking three input files as example, named emp_1.txt, emp_2.txt, emp_3.txt, output will contain data from all the input files.
Method #1: Using
Method #2: Using pandas
- Rename multiple files using Python
- Python | How to use Multiple kv files in kivy
- Python Program to merge two files into a third file
- Python | Create and write on excel file using xlsxwriter module
- How to Filter and save the data as new files in Excel with Python Pandas?
- Accessing Data Along Multiple Dimensions Arrays in Python Numpy
- How to delete data from file in Python
- Tableau - Joining data files with inconsistent labels
- Python program to reverse the content of a file and store it in another file
- reStructuredText | .rst file to HTML file using Python for Documentations
- Create a GUI to convert CSV file into excel file using Python
- Downloading files from web using Python
- HDF5 files in Python
- Reading CSV files in Python
- Writing CSV files in Python
- Working with PDF files in Python
- Upload files in Python
- Working with zip files in Python
- Working with csv files in Python
- Interact with files in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.