Kivy is a platform independent GUI tool in Python. As it can be run on Android, IOS, linux and Windows etc. It is basically used to develop the Android application, but it does not mean that it can not be used on Desktops applications.
In this article, we will see how can we use multiple .kv files in a single Application .
This is the Python program, which uses GridLayout as the root widget. In addition to the main kv file, it loads
box3.kv. There are also 2 application variables. These variables are referenced from the main kv file.
Basic Approach: 1) import kivy 2) import kivyApp 3) import Gridlayout 4) import Builder 5) Set minimum version(optional) 6) Create Layout class 7) Create App class 8) Set up multiple .kv file 9) return Layout/widget/Class(according to requirement) 10) Run an instance of the class
main.py file of the implementation:
The main kv file contains a GridLayout with 3 columns. These 3 Columns contains different AnchorLayouts. These all are defined in the main.kv file.
Now the main.kv file:
Now as shown in the Outputs there are different buttons in each grid to create Buttons
in every grid we are using Different .kv files.
box1.kv file –
box2.kv file –
box3.kv file –
- How to use multiple UX Widgets in kivy | Python
- Rename multiple files using Python
- Python | Multiple Sliders widgets Controlling Background Screen or WindowColor in Kivy
- Python | Write multiple files data to master file
- Python | Layouts in layouts (Multiple Layouts) in Kivy
- Python | StackLayout in Kivy
- Python | Bubble in kivy
- Python | Scatter in kivy
- Python | Animation in Kivy
- Python | Accordion in kivy
- Python| AnchorLayout in Kivy
- GridLayouts in Kivy | Python
- Python | Canvas in kivy
- Python | PageLayout in Kivy
- Python | Kivy .kv File
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.