Given a name, print the initials of a name(uppercase) with last name(with first alphabet in uppercase) written in full separated by dots.
Input : geeks for geeks Output : G.F.Geeks Input : mohandas karamchand gandhi Output : M.K.Gandhi
A naive approach of this will be to iterate for spaces and print the next letter after every space except the last space. At last space we have to take all the characters after the last space in a simple approach.
Using Python in inbuilt functions we can split the words into a list, then traverse till the second last word and print the first character in capitals using upper() function in python and then add the last word using title() function in Python which automatically converts the first alphabet to capital.
- Program to print the initials of a name with the surname
- Program to find the initials of a name.
- numpy.full() in Python
- Python | sep parameter in print()
- How to print without newline in Python?
- Print with your own font using Python !!
- Python | end parameter in print()
- Python | file parameter in print()
- Python | Output using print() function
- Python program to print Emojis
- Python | Print all sublists of a list
- Print Colors in Python terminal
- Python | Print diagonals of 2D list
- Print lists in Python (4 Different Ways)
- Print first m multiples of n without using any loop in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.