What is Fractal Geometry?
Fractal geometry is a special form of graphical representation of mathematical functions or set of numbers generated by a mathematical function. It is a recursive, detailed and infinitely self-similar set of mathematics. These geometrical representations exhibit “Unfolding Symmetry”. Unfolding symmetry is the property of geometrical structures to retain a self-similar pattern at infinitesimally small scale.
We know Fibonacci Series follows a recursive relation f(n) = f(n-1) + f(n-2), where n is the nth term in the series. Again f(0) = 0, f(1) = 1
Approach of plotting Fibonacci Fractal
Each number in the series represent the length of the sides of a square. The square of side length 0 does not exist. So we start from square of side length 1. The next square is also of side length 1.
- We first construct the two squares of dimension 1 side by side as shown in the image below.
- Then taking the joint length of the two squares we construct a third square below the two squares of dimension 1. Now the square is of the dimension 2
- Again taking the 2 squares of dimension 1, 2 respectively we construct the fourth square of dimension 3
- Although we continued this process for a small number of iterations but this process continues till infinity.
After we complete drawing the squares we start with the innermost smallest square. Then we draw continuous quadrants within the squares with the side of each square as the radius.
Below is the implementaion:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Y Fractal tree in Python using Turtle
- Star fractal printing using Turtle in Python
- Draw Black Spiral Pattern Using Turtle in Python
- Draw Colorful Spiral Web Using Turtle Graphics in Python
- Fractal using Spirograph in Python
- turtle.forward() method in Python-Turtle
- turtle.setpos() and turtle.goto() functions in Python
- Julia fractal in Python
- Fractal Trees in Python
- Mandelbrot Fractal Set visualization in Python
- Python | Plotting Google Map using gmplot package
- Python | Plotting Google Map using folium package
- Python | Geographical plotting using plotly
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet using openpyxl module | Set - 1
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet using openpyxl module | Set – 2
- Python | Plotting charts in excel sheet using openpyxl module | Set 3
- 3D Wireframe plotting in Python using Matplotlib
- Python | Plotting Area charts in excel sheet using XlsxWriter module
- Python | Plotting bar charts in excel sheet using XlsxWriter module
- Python | Plotting Radar charts in excel sheet using XlsxWriter module
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : SAPI