OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
os.WTERMSIG() method in Python is used to get the signal number which caused the process to exit. This method takes process status code as returned by
os.waitpid() method as a parameter.
status: This parameter takes process status code (an integer value) as returned by os.system(), os.wait() or os.waitpid() method.
Return type: This method returns an integer value which represent the signal number which caused the process to exit.
Code #1: Use of
In Child process Process ID: 3421 Hello! Geeks In parent process Child process exited due to signal no: 6 Signal name: SIGABRT
Code #2: Use of
In First child process Process ID: 3752 Hello! Geeks In second child process Process id: 3753 Hey! there Exiting.. In parent process First child process exited due to signal no: 6 Signal name: SIGABRT Second child exited normally
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | os.times() method
- Python PIL | Image.new() method
- Python | sympy.rf() method
- Python | os.open() method
- Python PIL | getpixel() Method
- Python | os.urandom() method
- Python | os.getrandom() method
- Python PIL | putpixel() method
- Python | os.sysconf() method
- Python | os.confstr() method
- Python | os.fchmod() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.