Given a positive integer n, count the total number of set bits in binary representation of all numbers from 1 to n.
Input: n = 3 Output: 4 Binary representations are 1, 2 and 3 1, 10 and 11 respectively. Total set bits are 1 + 1 + 2 = 4. Input: n = 6 Output: 9 Input: n = 7 Output: 12 Input: n = 8 Output: 13
- Write a function which first converts number into binary using bin(num) function and returns count of set bits in it.
- Map user defined function on list of numbers from 1 to n and we will get list of individual count of set bits in each number.
- Sum up count of all set bits.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n | Set 2
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to N | Set 3
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Count total set bits in all numbers from range L to R
- Count total unset bits in all the numbers from 1 to N
- Python Bin | Count total bits in a number
- Print numbers having first and last bits as the only set bits
- Check if bits of a number has count of consecutive set bits in increasing order
- Count of total bits toggled/flipped in binary representation of 0 to N
- Count total bits in a number
- Check if all bits can be made same by flipping two consecutive bits
- Toggle bits of a number except first and last bits
- Count numbers in range [L, R] having K consecutive set bits
- Find the total count of numbers up to N digits in a given base B
- Count set bits in Bitwise XOR of all adjacent elements upto N
- Sort an array according to count of set bits | Set 2
- Python | Count set bits in a range
- Count set bits using Python List comprehension
- Python VLC MediaList - Getting Total Count of Media
- Count total number of Links In Webpage Using Selenium In Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.