Given a number X, the task is to find the minimum number N such that total set bits of all numbers from 1 to n is atleast X.
Input: x = 5 Output: 4 Set bits in 1-> 1 Set bits in 2-> 1 Set bits in 3-> 2 Set bits in 4-> 1 Hence first four numbers add upto 5 Input: x = 20 Output: 11
Approach: Use binary search to get the minimum most number whose sum of bits till N is atleast X. At start, low is 0 and high is initialized according to the constraint. Check if count of set bits is atleast X, every time it is, change high to mid-1, else change it to mid+1. Everytime we do high = mid-1, store the minimal of answer.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(log N * log N)
- Total distinct pairs from two arrays such that second number can be obtained by inverting bits of first
- Find out the minimum number of coins required to pay total amount
- Minimum K such that every substring of length atleast K contains a character c
- Choose atleast two elements from array such that their GCD is 1 and cost is minimum
- Number of ways to change the XOR of two numbers by swapping the bits
- Count of numbers whose 0th and Nth bits are set
- Find Bit whose minimum sequence flips makes all bits same
- Check if a number has same number of set and unset bits
- Check whether the number has only first and last bits set | Set 2
- Program to count number of set bits in an (big) array
- Maximum and minimum of an array using minimum number of comparisons
- Number of mismatching bits in the binary representation of two integers
- Minimum sum of two numbers formed from digits of an array in O(n)
- Allocate minimum number of pages
- Reduce N to 1 with minimum number of given operations
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.