Given a list of integers, write a Python program to convert the given list into a single integer.
Input : [1, 2, 3] Output : 123 Input : [55, 32, 890] Output : 5532890
There are multiple approaches possible to convert the given list into a single integer. Let’s see each one by one.
Approach #1 : Naive Method
Simply iterate each element in the list and print them without space in between.
Approach #2 : Using
join() method of Python. First convert the list of integer into a list of strings( as
join() works with strings only). Then, simply join them using
join() method. It takes a time complexity of
Approach #3 : Using
Another approach to convert a list of multiple integers into a single integer is to use
map() function of Python with str function to convert the Integer list to string list. After this, join them on the empty string and then cast back to integer.
Approach #4 : Multiplying by corresponding power of 10
A more mathematical way, which does not require to convert the integer list to string list is, to multiply each integer element with its corresponding power of 10, and then summing it up. It takes a time complexity of
A small variation to this program leads to less computation in calculation of sum, i.e. using
reduce(). This makes use of Horner’s rule, which factors the polynomial representing the number to reduce the number of multiplications.
- Python | Split a list having single integer
- Python | Convert list of numerical string to list of Integers
- Python | Convert list of string into sorted list of integer
- Python | Convert number to list of integers
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Python | Replace multiple occurrence of character by single
- Python | Associating a single value with all list items
- Python | Convert a string representation of list into list
- Python | Convert a nested list into a flat list
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of strings
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
- Python | Convert list of string to list of list
- Python | Add similar value multiple times in list
- Remove multiple elements from a list in Python
- Python | Convert given list into nested list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.