Python is a multipurpose language and its utilities extend to more than just normal programming. It can be used to develop games, crawl the internet, or develop deep learning models.
We’ll be using the Python library named
folium (with Pandas) along with the Volcanoes_USA dataset (which contains the necessary data used in this project). The script will create a saved web page. Upon opening it the user will be directed to google maps, where the locations of the volcanoes will be marked, their colors set according to the elevation.
First, Install libraries like folium, pandas, and the dataset mention above:
pip3 install folium pip3 install pandas
Now, you need to download the required dataset, Volcanoes_USA.txt. Remember to download this in the same directory in which you will save the Python script. Also, do remove the apostrophes “‘” from the values of the ‘NAME’ column in the dataset, wherever present.
- Mean() – A pandas function which can calculate the mean of the values of in an array/Series.
- Map() – Generate a base map of given width and height with either default tilesets or a custom tileset URL.
- Marker() – Create a simple stock Leaflet marker on the map, with optional popup text or Vincent visualization.
User defined functions :
- color() – used to assign color to the marker according to the elevation of volcano.
Below is the implementation:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Plotting Google Map using folium package
- Plotting ICMR approved test centers on Google Maps using folium package
- Python | Fetch Nearest Hospital locations using GoogleMaps API
- Stamen Toner ,Stamen Terrain and Mapbox Bright Maps in Python-Folium
- Draw a unstructured triangular grid as lines or markers in Python using Matplotlib
- Matplotlib.markers module in Python
- How to Add Markers to a Graph Plot in Matplotlib with Python?
- Python | Plotting Google Map using gmplot package
- Install Python package using Jupyter Notebook
- Plotting Data on Google Map using Python's pygmaps package
- How to Publish Python package at PyPi using Twine module?
- NetworkX : Python software package for study of complex networks
- Create and Access a Python Package
- How to install MySQL connector package in Python?
- Humanize Package in Python
- What is the difference between Python's Module, Package and Library?
- Python - Database Manager (dbm) package
- Snakebite Python Package For Hadoop HDFS
- Spikes package in Python
- How to Install SQLObject package on Windows and Linux?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.