In this article we will see how we can set tool tip to the label part of scroll label, when know we can make scrollable label with the help of inheriting a scroll class and making label in it, but when we set tool tip to the class object tool tip is set to the whole widget i.e label and the scroll bar as well.
In order to add tool tip the label part only we have to override the function of the object.
Steps for implementations –
1. Create a new class which inherits QScrollArea
2. Inside the class create vertical layout
3. Create a label and make it multi-line and add it to the layout
5. Over-ride the setText and text method for label
6. Over-ride setToolTip method and add tool tip to the label
7. Creat object of this class inside the main window class and setting text to it
8. Add tool tip to the object with the help of
Below is the implementation
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration to label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration of the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Getting tool tip text of the label part
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Setting tool tip
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Setting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label – Getting tool tip duration
- PyQt5 - Scrollable Label
- PyQt5 - Getting text of scrollable label
- PyQt5 Scrollable Label - Retrieving tooltip text
- PyQt5 – Access tool tip duration of label | ToolTipDuration method
- PyQt5 – How to change size of the Label | label.resize method
- PyQt5 – How to hide label | label.setHidden method
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is window type
- PyQt5 Label – Checking if label is widget type
- Setting and accessing name of a Label - PyQt5
- PyQt5 – Setting and accessing name of a Label
- PyQt5 Label - Setting color to shadow
- PyQt5 Label - Setting offset to the shadow
- PyQt5 Label - Setting horizontal offset of shadow
- PyQt5 Label - Setting Vertical offset of shadow
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.