In this article we will see how we can grab the keyboard input for the QCalendarWidget. By grabbing keyboard the calendar will not be affected, except that it doesn’t receive any keyboard events.
setFocus moves the focus as usual, but the new focus widget receives keyboard events only after
releaseKeyboard is called.
In order to do this we will use
grabKeyboardmethod with the QCalendarWidget object.
Syntax : calendar.grabKeyboard()
Argument : It takes no argument
Return : It return None
Below is the implementation
Mouse inputs are working but keyboard inputs are not working
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Grabbing Mouse Input
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Grabbing Rectangle
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Releasing Grabbed Keyboard input
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Keyboard Grabber Property
- Python VLC MediaPlayer – Enabling Keyboard Input
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Releasing Grabbed Mouse Input
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Input Method Hints Property
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Getting Input Method Hints Property
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Input Method Query Property
- PyQt5 QSpinBox - Checking if user can change value using keyboard or not
- Mouse and keyboard automation using Python
- Keyboard module in Python
- Simple Keyboard Racing with Python
- Python | Vkeyboard (virtual keyboard) in kivy
- PYGLET – Setting Exclusive Keyboard for Window
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Border to the tool buttons
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Clicked signal
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Removing memory reference
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Border to the months menu
- PyQt5 QCalendarWidget - Setting Maximum Height
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.