Given a number N. The task is to find the Nth Harmonic Number.
Let the nth harmonic number be Hn.
The harmonic series is as follows:
H1 = 1
H2 = H1 + 1/2
H3 = H2 + 1/3
H4 = H3 + 1/4
Hn = Hn-1 + 1/n
Input : N = 5 Output : 2.45 Input : N = 9 Output : 2.71786
The idea is to traverse from H1 and then consecutively keep finding H2 from H1, H3 from H2 ….. and so on.
Below is the program to find N-th Harmonic Number:
Time Complexity: O(N)
- Program to find sum of harmonic series
- Program for harmonic mean of numbers
- Find Harmonic mean using Arithmetic mean and Geometric mean
- Program to find Cullen Number
- C program to find Decagonal Number
- Program to find the Hidden Number
- Program to find the number of men initially
- Program to find the Nth number of the series 2, 10, 24, 44, 70.....
- Program to find the nth Kynea number
- Program to find Star number
- Program to find last two digits of Nth Fibonacci number
- Program to find number of squares in a chessboard
- Program to find last digit of n'th Fibonnaci Number
- Program to find remainder when large number is divided by r
- Program to find remainder when large number is divided by 11
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.