Given a number N. The task is to find the Nth Harmonic Number.
Let the nth harmonic number be Hn.
The harmonic series is as follows:
H1 = 1
H2 = H1 + 1/2
H3 = H2 + 1/3
H4 = H3 + 1/4
Hn = Hn-1 + 1/n
Input : N = 5 Output : 2.45 Input : N = 9 Output : 2.71786
The idea is to traverse from H1 and then consecutively keep finding H2 from H1, H3 from H2 ….. and so on.
Below is the program to find N-th Harmonic Number:
Time Complexity: O(N)
- Program to find sum of harmonic series
- Program for harmonic mean of numbers
- Find Harmonic mean using Arithmetic mean and Geometric mean
- C program to find Decagonal Number
- Program to find Nth odd Fibonacci Number
- Program to find the Nth Prime Number
- Program to find the number of men initially
- Program to find the Hidden Number
- Program to find the number from given holes
- Program to find the Nth number of the series 2, 10, 24, 44, 70.....
- Program to find the next prime number
- Program to find the nth Kynea number
- Program to find Cullen Number
- Program to find Star number
- Recursive program to find all Indices of a Number
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.