The Leibniz harmonic triangle is a triangular arrangement of unit fractions in which the outermost diagonals consist of the reciprocals of the row numbers and each inner cell is the cell diagonally above and to the left minus the cell to the left. To put it algebraically, L(r, 1) = 1/r, where r is the number of the row, starting from 1, and c is the number, never more than r and L(r, c) = L(r – 1, c – 1) – L(r, c – 1)
Relation with pascal’s triangle
Whereas each entry in Pascal’s triangle is the sum of the two entries in the above row, each entry in the Leibniz triangle is the sum of the two entries in the row below it. For example, in the 5th row, the entry (1/30) is the sum of the two (1/60)s in the 6th row.
Just as Pascal’s triangle can be computed by using binomial coefficients, so can Leibniz’s:
If one takes the denominators of the nth row and adds them, then the result will equal n.2n-1. For example, for the 3rd row, we have 3 + 6 + 3 = 12 = 3 × 22.
Given a positive integer n. The task is to print Leibniz harmonic triangle of height n.
Input : n = 4 Output : 1 1/2 1/2 1/3 1/6 1/3 1/4 1/12 1/12 1/4 Input : n = 3 Output : 1 1/2 1/2 1/3 1/6 1/3
Below is the implementation of printing Leibniz harmonic triangle of height n based on above relation with Pascal triangle.
1/1 1/2 1/2 1/3 1/6 1/3 1/4 1/12 1/12 1/4
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Harmonic progression Sum
- Harmonic Progression
- Program for harmonic mean of numbers
- Summation of floor of harmonic progression
- Find Harmonic mean using Arithmetic mean and Geometric mean
- Program to find sum of harmonic series
- Program to find the Nth Harmonic Number
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle within a Square which is inscribed within a Right angle Triangle
- Program to print a Hollow Triangle inside a Triangle
- Check whether nodes of Binary Tree form Arithmetic, Geometric or Harmonic Progression
- Biggest Reuleaux Triangle inscribed within a Square inscribed in an equilateral triangle
- Pascal's Triangle
- Sum of all the numbers in the Nth row of the given triangle
- Hosoya's Triangle
- Trinomial Triangle
- Find all angles of a triangle in 3D
- Calculate nCr using Pascal's Triangle
- Area of Reuleaux Triangle
- Sum of all elements up to Nth row in a Pascal triangle
- Odd numbers in N-th row of Pascal's Triangle
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.