Given a positive integer N, the task is to check if it is a Proth number. If the given number is a Proth number then print ‘YES’ otherwise print ‘NO’.
Proth Number: In mathematics, a Proth number is a positive integer of the form
n = k * 2n + 1
where k is an odd positive integer and n is a positive integer such that 2n > k .
The first few Proth numbers are –
3, 5, 9, 13, 17, 25, 33, 41, 49, ……
Input: 25 Output: YES Taking k= 3 and n= 3, 25 can be expressed in the form of (k.2n + 1) as (3.23 + 1) Input: 73 Output: NO Taking k=9 and n=3 73 can be expressed in the form of (k.2n + 1 ) as (9.23 + 1) But 23 is less than 9 (it should be greater than k to be Proth Number)
- Deduct 1 from the number. This would give a number in the form k*2n, if the given number is a proth number.
- Now, loop through all odd number starting form k=1 to n/k and check if k can divide n in such a way that ( n/k ) is a power of 2 or not.
- If found, print ‘YES’
- If no such value of k is found then Print ‘NO’
Below is the implementation of above idea
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- C Program to check whether a number is a Perfect Cube or not
- Check Whether a number is Duck Number or not
- Check whether the given number is Euclid Number or not
- Check whether all the rotations of a given number is greater than or equal to the given number or not
- Check whether given number N is a Moran Number or not
- Check whether a given number N is a Nude Number or not
- Check whether a given number is an ugly number or not
- Check whether a number is circular prime or not
- Check whether a number has exactly three distinct factors or not
- Check whether a number is semiprime or not
- Check whether a number is Emirpimes or not
- Check whether a given number is Polydivisible or Not
- Check whether a given Number is Power-Isolated or not
- Check whether the given number is Wagstaff prime or not
- Check whether a number has consecutive 0's in the given base or not
- Check whether N is a Dihedral Prime Number or not
- Check whether the binary equivalent of a number ends with "001" or not
- Check whether a large number is divisible by 53 or not
- Check whether a number is Good prime or not
- Check whether the binary equivalent of a number ends with given string or not
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : inderDuMCA