A Skew Symmetric Matrix or Anti-Symmetric Matrix is a square matrix whose transpose is negative to that of the original matrix. If the entry in the ith row and jth column of a matrix is a[i][j], i.e. if A = (a[i][j]) then the skew symmetric condition is -A = -a[j][i].
Input : matrix: 0 5 -4 -5 0 1 4 -1 0 Output: Transpose matrix: 0 -5 4 5 0 1 -4 1 0 Skew Symmetric matrix
- Find the transpose of the input matrix.
- If the input matrix is equal to the negative of its transpose matrix, then the matrix is Skew Symmetrical.
Transpose matrix: 0 -5 4 5 0 -1 -4 1 0 Skew Symmetric Matrix
References : Wikipedia
This article is contributed by Akash Gupta. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- A square matrix as sum of symmetric and skew-symmetric matrices
- Program to check if a matrix is symmetric
- Program to check diagonal matrix and scalar matrix
- Program to check if a matrix is Binary matrix or not
- Find a Symmetric matrix of order N that contain integers from 0 to N-1 and main diagonal should contain only 0's
- Minimum flip required to make Binary Matrix symmetric
- Program to check idempotent matrix
- Program to check Involutory Matrix
- Program to check if matrix is singular or not
- Program to check if matrix is upper triangular
- Program to check if matrix is lower triangular
- Check if matrix can be converted to another matrix by transposing square sub-matrices
- Check if it is possible to make the given matrix increasing matrix or not
- C++ program to Convert a Matrix to Sparse Matrix
- Program to convert given Matrix to a Diagonal Matrix
Improved By : vt_m