PHP | mysqli_connect() Function
The mysqli_connect() function in PHP is used to connect you to the database. In the previous version of the connection mysql_connect() was used for connection and then there comes mysqli_connect() where i means improved version of connection and is more secure than mysql_connect().
mysqli_connect ( "host", "username", "password", "database_name" )
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Learn SQL for interviews using SQL Course by GeeksforGeeks.
- host: It is optional and it specify the host name or IP address. In case of local server localhost is used as a general keyword to connect local server and run the program.
- username: It is optional and it specify mysql username. In local server username is root.
- Password: It is optional and it specify mysql password.
- database_name: It is database name where operation perform on data. It also optional.
- It returns an object which represent MySql connection. If connection failed then it return FALSE.
Program: Below is the implementation of mysqli_connect() function.
Database Connection Successfully.