The die() is an inbuilt function in PHP. It is used to print message and exit from the current php script. It is equivalent to exit() function in PHP.
Parameters : This function accepts only one parameter and which is not mandatory to be passed.
- $message : This parameter represents the message to printed while exiting from script.
Return Value : It has no return value but prints given message while exiting the script.
Input : die("code ends here") Output : code ends here Here, die() function ends the script with a message "code ends here "
Applicable versions :
This function is applicable in all PHP4 and later versions.
Unable to connect to given site.
The sleep() is an inbuilt function in PHP. It is used to delay the execution of the program for given amount of seconds.
int sleep(int $seconds)
Parameters : This function accepts only one parameter and which is mandatory to be passed.
- $seconds : This parameter represents the delay time in seconds.
Return Value : It returns zero on success, or FALSE on error. This function returns a non-zero value if the call was interrupted by a signal.
Errors / Exceptions : This function generates E_WARNING when the number of seconds is negative.
Applicable versions : This function is applicable in PHP 4, PHP 5, PHP 7.
Note that, Timing after halt (sleep) is 5 seconds more than timings before halt (sleep).
- PHP | sleep( ) Function
- Prevent System from Entering Sleep mode in ElectronJS
- Difference between regular functions and arrow functions
- PHP | Functions
- ES6 | Functions
- PHP | log(), log10() Functions
- PHP | String Functions
- SASS | Map Functions
- SASS | List Functions
- PHP | startsWith() and endsWith() Functions
- SASS | Color Functions
- How to add many functions in one ng-click directive?
- PHP | Ds\Set Functions Complete Reference
- PHP | Ds\Map Functions Complete Reference