Morgan Stanley Interview Experience 2021
I applied for Morgan Stanley’s summer intern role on their careers page. Firstly, an online test was conducted(90 minutes duration) on Mettl Platform, consisting of MCQs(Data Structures, C concepts, programming concepts, data interpretation, verbal skills) and 3 coding questions. I was able to do 2 problems and third partial.
Round 1(Online Assessment): OA was conducted(90 minutes duration) on Mettl Platform, consisting of three section
- First section was Aptitude ( Medium level questions, time is the biggest constraint here.
- Second section was Debugging (7–8 questions to debug, easy-medium level)
Last section included three coding problems which were
- Given a string consisting of opening and closing parenthesis, find the length of the longest valid parenthesis substring. ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/length-of-the-longest-valid-substring/ )
- Second question was of min heap which was a variation of this problem ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/connect-n-ropes-minimum-cost/ )
- Third question was given many points for a graph. How many straight lines could be drawn from them?
Round 2(Technical Interview): It started with the interviewer giving his introduction and asking for mine.
- Then he asked with which language I am comfortable with. I said C++ then he asked various oops-related questions which included what is a constructor and I had to write a code for it. Then what was the copy constructor? I had to write code for it also. Difference between deep copy and shallow copy.
- Then we moved to coding questions and the first one was to print the diameter for the tree. ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-longest-leaf-leaf-path-binary-tree/ )
- The second question was that I am given two arrays lets say one as A and the second array as B. so I had to sort B according to A. Example- Input: A: 3,2,6,7 B: 1,2,3,5,6,8 Output: 3,2,6,1,5,8
- Then he asked questions from the operating system which were: Difference between process, program, and thread. what are deadlocks? Difference between binary semaphore and mutex.
Round 3(Technical + HR): Firstly, the interviewer asked me what do I know about Morgan Stanley and its functioning and provided services in brief. Then a brief description of my projects and various questions related to them. He then asked some HR questions:
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Why Morgan Stanley?
- How good are you at coding?
- Have you ever faced a failure?
- How will make sure you convert your Internship into a PPO and many more.