Morgan Stanley Interview Experience for Summer Internship 2021 (Off-Campus)
I applied through the career section of Morgan Stanley Official Website. There were three rounds:
Round 1 (Online Aptitude and Coding test on AMCAT) (90 minutes): There were 3 sections:
- Aptitude Section: 10 questions in 20 minutes. These questions were easy-to-medium level MCQs
- Debugging Section: There were 7 questions based on C/C++ for debugging. (easy) (20 minutes)
- Coding Section: This section had 3 questions to be done in 60 minutes. I don’t exactly remember the questions but
- 1st was related to Arrays (medium)
- 2nd was related to DP (medium)
- 3rd was related to DSU (medium)
I was able to solve 6-7 aptitude questions, all debugging questions, first 2 coding problems.
I was confident about my test and got results via email after one week.
Round 2 (Face 2 Face Technical Interview on Zoom) (50-60 minutes):
First of all, I was asked to introduce myself, then I had to share the screen and open Notepad where I had to solve the problems.
- I was first asked What I know about OOPs (so I told the fundamental OOPs concepts)
- Types of polymorphism, Run time Polymorphism, and Virtual functions
- Then I was asked to Design Netflix using Object Oriented Principles (The interviewer was helpful and gave me hints)
- Then I had to code the problem: Find Kth largest element in an unsorted array
- Then I had to code: Delete a node in LinkedList without head pointer
- Then I had to code the problem: Given the start and Finish time of multiple jobs, find the minimum number of Laptops required. Each Job requires one Laptop. Laptops cannot be shared.
Tip: Give answers confidently. If you don’t know the answer -try to think of the solution (even if it is brute-force) otherwise just say confidently ‘Sorry, I can’t think of the solution right now’.
I received a call about 1 week later that I had been selected for the Final Round.
Round 3 (Face 2 Face HR + Technical Round on Zoom) (45 – 50 minutes): The Interviewer was very friendly (very very much). This round was supposed to be HR + Technical round (as I had read in many past experiences), but surprisingly for me It was only HR round.
First I had to Introduce myself.
- I had a Team Project ( I recommend you should also have at least one team project ).
- He asked questions like: How did it feel working in a team?, How team members used to contact each other for development and discussions? How did you manage your team?
- Then we did a discussion about my Individual project (This was my Main project) (for about 30 minutes): Why I chose that project, Why I used specific technology, What if I had to make it a big scale – how will I raise funds ‘n all.
- Then he asked some situational questions like What will you do if you think your approach to doing a task is better than your manager’s, but Manager is not agreeing?
Then He asked me what all subjects I have this semester and what subjects I have studied so far.
Finally, he asked me if I had any queries (I asked him which technology we will be working on and what is actually the role of an Intern).
- Read all the Interview Experiences 2-3 times, you will get an exact idea of what topics you need to focus on.
- Read OOPs and OS
- Coding Questions are only a part of the Interview, Focus on other topics, and your way of answering them also.
- Object-Oriented Design questions are easy, go through Movie-ticket Booking, Snake-n-Ladders, and Parking-lot Object-Oriented design questions to get an Idea.
- My personal advice: Wear a shirt and sit in nice lighting to create an impact.
- For Off-campus aspirants: Be patient, results usually come after 1 week.
I got an E-mail after 1 week That I had been Selected.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.