Given two integer p and q, the task is to find the minimum possible number x such that q % x = 0 and x % p = 0. If the conditions aren’t true for any number then print -1.
Input: p = 3, q = 99
99 % 3 = 0
3 % 3 = 0
Input: p = 2, q = 7
Approach: If a number x satisfies the given condition then it’s obvious that q will be divided by p i.e. q % p = 0 because x is a multiple of p and q is a multiple of x.
So the minimum possible value of x will be the GCD of p and q and when q is not divisible by p then no number will satisfy the given condition.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum and Maximum element of an array which is divisible by a given number k
- Minimum removals in a number to be divisible by 10 power raised to K
- Form N by adding 1 or 2 in minimum number of operations X where X is divisible by M
- Minimum number of given moves required to make N divisible by 25
- Find two co-prime integers such that the first divides A and the second divides B
- Highest power of a number that divides other number
- Largest number that divides x and is co-prime with y
- Check if the sum of digits of a number N divides it
- Highest power of two that divides a given number
- Check if a given number divides the sum of the factorials of its digits
- Highest power of 2 that divides a number represented in binary
- Find a number that divides maximum array elements
- Find maximum power of a number that divides a factorial
- Greatest divisor which divides all natural number in range [L, R]
- Find integers that divides maximum number of elements of the array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.