Given a String find the minimum number of reduce operations required to convert a given string into a palindrome. In a reduce operation, we can change character to a immediate lower value. For example b can be covered to a.
Input : abcd Output : 4 We need to reduce c once and d three times. Input : ccc Output : 0
The idea is simple. We traverse string from left and compare characters of left half with their corresponding characters in right half. We add difference between to characters to result.
This article is contributed by Sahil Srivastava. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Minimum cost to convert string into palindrome
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
- Minimum given operations required to convert a given binary string to all 1's
- Minimum deletions from string to reduce it to string with at most 2 unique characters
- Convert the string into palindrome string by changing only one character.
- Reduce the string to minimum length with the given operation
- Minimum steps to convert all top left to bottom right paths in Matrix as palindrome | Set 2
- Minimum cost to convert str1 to str2 with the given operations
- Count minimum swap to make string palindrome
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome | Set 2
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome
- Minimum number of Appends needed to make a string palindrome
- Minimum number of characters to be replaced to make a given string Palindrome
- Minimum characters to be added at front to make string palindrome
- Convert string X to an anagram of string Y with minimum replacements
- Minimum steps to delete a string after repeated deletion of palindrome substrings
- Minimum number of operations on a binary string such that it gives 10^A as remainder when divided by 10^B
- Minimum operations required to make the string satisfy the given condition
- Minimum number of operations required to obtain a given Binary String