Convert string S into a palindrome string. You can only replace a character with any other character. When you replace character ‘a’ with any other character, it costs 1 unit, similarly for ‘b’ it is 2 units ….. and for ‘z’, it is 26 units. Find the minimum cost required to convert string S into palindrome string.
Input : abcdef Output : 6 Explanation: replace 'a', 'b' and 'c' => cost= 1 + 2 + 3 = 6 Input : aba Output : 0
The idea is to start comparing from the two ends of string. Let i be initialized as 0 index and j initialized as length – 1. If characters at two indices are not same, a cost will apply. To make the cost minimum replace the character which is smaller. Then increment i by 1 and decrement j by 1. Iterate till i less than j.
- Convert the string into palindrome string by changing only one character.
- Minimum cost to modify a string
- Minimum cost to construct a string
- Minimum cost to make a string free of a subsequence
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome | Set 2
- Minimum number of deletions to make a string palindrome
- Minimum reduce operations to covert a given string into a palindrome
- Minimum number of characters to be replaced to make a given string Palindrome
- Minimum number of Appends needed to make a string palindrome
- Minimum characters to be added at front to make string palindrome
- Minimum steps to delete a string after repeated deletion of palindrome substrings
- Minimum steps to convert one binary string to other only using negation
- Minimum swaps required to convert one binary string to another
- Minimum operations required to convert a binary string to all 0s or all 1s
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.