Company – STB team, Microsoft IDC.
Location – Hyderabad.
- A quick introduction.
- Few questions on multi-threading like –
…a. What is race condition?
…b. What is critical section?
- Write a code to find out longest substring without any repetition of characters with O(n) complexity.
Ex. String - abcdefghaxyzpbn Output string - bcdefghaxyzp
- Two linked lists are merged at one point. Find the merging node.
- A quick introduction
- Few project related questions mentioned in resume.
- If you have huge log file, you need to print last ‘n’ lines from the log file. Write a code for it assuming regular file read operations.
He was also expecting that the page hit is minimum.
I had provided a solution which would read the file one by one and then will store it in a ‘n’ size circular linked list.
- If you have a m*n floor, find out a ‘k’ size square tile which will take care of filling the complete floor without breaking of tile.
Use GCD logic.
- A quick introduction and he also asked what was asked in previous interviews.
- We have a m*n matrix, every element in row is in increasing order and every element in column is in increasing order. Find out a position of element ‘k’ from the matrix with O(m+n) complexity. Write a code for it.
- We have a ‘n’ steps and a ball which take either 1 step at a time or 2 steps at a time. Find out the number of possible ways it covers exactly ‘n’ steps.
This article is compiled by Girish. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- Microsoft Interview experience for full time position of software engineer at Microsoft Ireland Research
- Microsoft Interview Interview Experience for Full Time
- Microsoft Interview | Set 10
- Microsoft Interview | 12
- Microsoft Interview | 15
- Microsoft Interview | 17
- Microsoft Interview | 18
- Microsoft Interview | Set 19
- Microsoft Interview | 13
- Microsoft Interview for SDE-2
- Microsoft Interview | 16
- Microsoft Interview | Set 27
- Microsoft Interview | Set 3
- Microsoft Interview | Set 2
- Microsoft Interview | Set 8