Matplotlib is an amazing visualization library in Python for 2D plots of arrays. Matplotlib is a multi-platform data visualization library built on NumPy arrays and designed to work with the broader SciPy stack.
matplotlib.dates.ConciseDateFormatter class is used to figure out the best format to use for the date and also makes it as compact as possible but complete. This is more often used with
Syntax: class matplotlib.dates.ConciseDateFormatter(locator, tz=None, formats=None, offset_formats=None, zero_formats=None, show_offset=True)
locator: This parameter represents the locator that this axis uses. tz: It is an optional parameter that accepts a string that is passed to dates.date2num. formats: It is an optional list of 6 strings. It is used to format strings for 6 levels of tick labelling as years, months, days, hours, minutes and seconds. These strings has format codes same as that of strftime. Its defaults are as [ ‘%Y’, ‘%b’, ‘%d’, ‘%H:%M’, ‘%H:%M’, ‘%S.%f’] zero_formats: It is an optional list of 6 strings. It is used for formatting strings for tick labels that are “zero” for any given tick level. For example, if most ticks are months, ticks around 1 February 2020 will get labeled “Jan” 2020 “March”.Its defaults are as [”, ‘%Y’, ‘%b’, ‘%b-%d’, ‘%H:%M’, ‘%H:%M’]. offset_formats: It is an optional list of 6 strings.It is used for formatting strings for 6 levels that is applied to the “offset” string on the right side of x-axis or top of y-axis. This should completely specify date when combined with the tick labels. The defaults are as [”, ‘%Y’, ‘%Y-%b’, ‘%Y-%b-%d’, ‘%Y-%b-%d’, ‘%Y-%b-%d %H:%M’]. show_offset: It accepts a boolean value and decides whether to show offset or not. By default it is set to True.
- Matplotlib.colors.LogNorm class in Python
- Matplotlib.text.OffsetFrom class in python
- Matplotlib.ticker.MaxNLocator Class in Python
- Matplotlib.ticker.AutoLocator Class in Python
- Matplotlib.colors.Normalize class in Python
- Matplotlib.ticker.PercentFormatter class in Python
- Matplotlib.ticker.FuncFormatter class in Python
- Matplotlib.ticker.LogFormatter Class in Python
- Matplotlib.ticker.AutoMinorLocator Class in Python
- Matplotlib.dates.DateFormatter class in Python
- Matplotlib.colors.SymLogNorm class in Python
- Matplotlib.colors.PowerNorm class in Python
- Matplotlib.colors.BoundaryNorm class in Python
- matplotlib.lines.VertexSelector class in Python
- Matplotlib.colors.TwoSlopeNorm class in Python
- Violinplot in Python using axes class of Matplotlib
- Matplotlib.colors.ListedColormap class in Python
- Matplotlib.dates.AutoDateFormatter class in Python
- Matplotlib.animation.FuncAnimation class in Python
- Matplotlib.colors.LinearSegmentedColormap class in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.