Given a string consisting of alphabets and others characters, remove all the characters other than alphabets and print the string so formed.
Input : str = "$Gee*k;s..fo, r'Ge^eks?" Output : GeeksforGeeks
This problem has existing solution please refer Remove all characters other than alphabets from string link.
We will solve this problem in python quickly using List Comprehension.
Approach : is
1. Traverse string 2. Select characters which lie in range of [a-z] or [A-Z] 3. Print them together
How does ord() and range() function works in python ?
- The ord() method returns an integer representing the Unicode code point of the given Unicode character.For example,
ord('5') = 53 and ord('A') = 65 and ord('$') = 36
- The range(a,b,step) function generates a list of elements which ranges from a inclusive to b exclusive with increment/decrement of given step.
- Python - Remove words containing list characters
- Python - Remove Rear K characters from String List
- Python | Remove trailing/leading special characters from strings list
- Python - Remove front K characters from each string in String List
- Python List Comprehension | Segregate 0's and 1's in an array list
- Python | Convert list of strings and characters to list of characters
- Python | Ways to initialize list with alphabets
- Python - Map vs List comprehension
- Python | List comprehension vs * operator
- Python List Comprehension and Slicing
- Count set bits using Python List comprehension
- K’th Non-repeating Character in Python using List Comprehension and OrderedDict
- Python List Comprehension to find pair with given sum from two arrays
- Python List Comprehension | Three way partitioning of an array around a given range
- Move all zeroes to end of array using List Comprehension in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.