Write a program to find the length of a string using pointers .
Input : given_string = "geeksforgeeks" Output : length of the string = 13 Input : given_string = "coding" Output : length of the string = 6
Prerequisite : Pointer in C
Approach Used : In this program we make use of * operator. The * (asterisk) operator denotes the value of variable . The * operator at the time of declaration denotes that this is a pointer, otherwise it denotes the value of the memory location pointed by the pointer. In the below program, in string_length function we check if we reach the end of the string by checking for a null represented by ‘\0’ .
- Check if a string is palindrome in C using pointers
- Program to Reverse a String using Pointers
- C++ Program to compare two string using pointers
- How to find length of a string without string.h and loop in C?
- C program to find the length of a string
- Count of sub-strings of length n possible from the given string
- Counts of distinct consecutive sub-string of length two using C++ STL
- Find longest length number in a string
- What are near, far and huge pointers?
- Pointers vs References in C++
- Applications of Pointers in C/C++
- Pointers in C/C++ with Examples
- Features and Use of Pointers in C/C++
- Smart Pointers in C++
- Program to find Length of Bridge using Speed and Length of Train
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.