Expression tag is one of the scripting elements in JSP.
Expression Tag in JSP is used for writing your content on client side. We can use this tag for displaying information on client browser. The JSP Expression tag transforms the code into an expression statement that
converts into a value in the form of string object and insert into the implicit output object.
Syntax of JSP tag
Difference between Scriptlet Tag and Expression Tag
- In Scriptlet tag, it’s Evaluates a Java expression. Does not display any result in the HTML produced. Variables declared have only local scope, so cannot be accessed from elsewhere in the .jsp . but in Expression Tag it’s Evaluates a Java expression. Inserts the result (as a string) into the HTML in the .jsp
- We dont need to write out.println in Expression tag for printing anything because these are
converted into out.print() statement and insert into the _jspService(-, -) of the servlet class by the container.
Using expression tag
- Multitape Nondeterministic Turing Machine simulator
- LOB Rules and Restrictions
- ML | Training Image Classifier using Tensorflow Object Detection API
- JSP Access Model
- TensorFlow 2.0
- Data Structures and Algorithms Online Courses : Free and Paid
- Interesting Facts in C Programming | Set 2
- Sum of an array using MPI
- What is the Role of Java in the IT Industry?
- Program for Gauss Siedel Method (Computational Mathematics)
- AI Model For Neurodegenerative Diseases
- Introduction to Model View View Model (MVVM)
- Check if the two given stacks are same
- Must Do Coding Questions for Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Adobe, ...
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.