Expression tag is one of the scripting elements in JSP.
Expression Tag in JSP is used for writing your content on client side. We can use this tag for displaying information on client browser. The JSP Expression tag transforms the code into an expression statement that
converts into a value in the form of string object and insert into the implicit output object.
Syntax of JSP tag
Difference between Scriptlet Tag and Expression Tag
- In Scriptlet tag, it’s Evaluates a Java expression. Does not display any result in the HTML produced. Variables declared have only local scope, so cannot be accessed from elsewhere in the .jsp . but in Expression Tag it’s Evaluates a Java expression. Inserts the result (as a string) into the HTML in the .jsp
- We dont need to write out.println in Expression tag for printing anything because these are
converted into out.print() statement and insert into the _jspService(-, -) of the servlet class by the container.
Using expression tag
- Why Data Structures and Algorithms are "Must Have" for Developers and Where to learn them : Answered
- Learn Data Structures and Algorithms for your Dream Job with this online Course
- OpenMP | Hello World program
- How I Handle GATE CS Preparation with College Studies
- The complete History of Java Programming Language
- GATE CS 2020 Important (Tentative) Dates
- Git- Setting up a Repository
- Must Do Coding Questions for Companies like Amazon, Microsoft, Adobe, ...
- Creating Knockout Application along with Setting up Environment in Visual Studio
- New Algorithm to Generate Prime Numbers from 1 to Nth Number
- Observables : KnockoutJS
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Introduction and Installation of Git
- What is JavaDoc tool and how to use it?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.