RecursiveTask is an abstract class encapsulates a task that returns a result. It is a subclass of ForkJoinTask. The RecursiveTask class is extended to create a task that has a particular return type. The code that represents the computational portion of the task is kept within the compute() method of RecursiveTask.
RecursiveTask class is mostly used in the context of parallel programming. Tasks that can be divided into independent subtasks and the final outcome of the task can be obtained from the outcomes of the subtask, can be implemented more efficiently using RecursiveTask. For example, searching for an element in a large array.
java.lang.Object ↳ java.util.concurrent.ForkJoinTask ↳ java.util.concurrent.RecursiveTask<V>
RecursiveTask()– Creates an object of RecursiveTask with default settings.
- compute()– The method that defines the task.
protected abstract void compute()
exec()– This method implements the basic rules necessary for the execution of a task.
protected final boolean exec()
getRawResult()– The function returns the value obtained after the completion of the task, even if the task is completed abnormally. It returns null, if the task is not yet completed.
public final Void getRawResult()
setRawResult()– The function sets the return value of the task to the value passed in the argument.
protected final void setRawResult(Void mustBeNull)
Example to demonstrate RecursiveTask
- Java.util.concurrent.Phaser class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.concurrent.RecursiveAction class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class methods in Java with Examples | Set 2
- Java.awt.image.RescaleOp Class in Java with Examples
- Java.util.BitSet class in Java with Examples | Set 1
- URL class in Java with Examples
- Date class in Java (With Examples)
- StringBuilder Class in Java with Examples
- Calendar Class in Java with examples
- AbstractSet Class in Java with Examples
- Java AWT | Cursor class with examples
- Class getDeclaredAnnotationsByType() method in Java with Examples
- Class getAnnotatedInterfaces() method in Java with Examples
- Class getDeclaredAnnotation() method in Java with Examples
- Class getPackage() method in Java with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.