Java JDBC – Update a Column in a Table
Java has its own API which JDBC API which uses JDBC drivers for database connections. JDBC API provides the applications-to-JDBC connection and JDBC driver provides a manager-to-driver connection. Following are the 5 important steps to connect java application to our database using JDBC.
- Registering the Java class
- Creating a Connection
- Creating a Statement
- Executing queries
- Closing connection
Note: Load mysqlconnector.jar into your program.
- Download MySQLConnect/J (JDBC connector jar file) from the following link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j
- Select platform-independent in select OS option
- Copy mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar file in your project
- Right-click on it , select Build Path-> Configure Build path -> libraries -> Add JARS
- In JAR selection window, select mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar library under your project
- Click OK
- Create a Database, add a table with records using MySQL cmd.